Wednesday, January 19, 2011

In Control

Yes I will admit it, I am a control freak. I love to be in control of everything and my husband will tell you. I think that is one of the main reasons why I love these oils so much. It allows me to be in control of my family's health. I was thinking about an experience I had when my oldest daughter Adalynn was a little baby. She was probably around six months old and was really sick. She had a temperature of over 103 and just layed there, which was very abnormal for her. Of course it was after hours and I kept calling the Dr on call to see what I should do. He told me to give her some over the counter medicine and wait to see if that brought her temperature down. I did and it didn't work. Because I couldn't give her anymore medicine until a certain time I felt completely helpless. I then took her to the Instacare and they took her right back when I told them her temperature. They took a throat culture for strep and my little baby just lay there not even moving she was so sick, it was terrible! As we waited for the results the doctor told me that he wanted to give her a shot of something I don't remember what it was and also that he was working at the Instacare at night and on weekends because his practice wasn't going very well. WHAT! His practice wasn't going very well and he had my little baby in his hands!? Thankfully whatever he gave her helped, but I had no control over what he did or what he gave her and I hated it. Looking back I now know what I would do if that happened again. From the Modern Essentials book I have learned that peppermint and lemon are very good at breaking fevers and On Guard kills viruses and bacteria and I am very confident that those would have worked for Adalynn if I would have had them back then. I didn't, but I have them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment