Monday, January 3, 2011

Shots

Today I took Lily to the Doctor for her 9 month check up. She is doing very well, tall and skinny. Luckily she only needed one shot today, but still that's one shot. She got her flu booster and the nurse told me that this would probably be more painful than the usual immunizations and she would most likely get a fever. I remember Adalynn would always be cranky for days following her shots and she always got a fever as well. I would usually give her Tylenol and suffer through. It was such a pain trying to figure out how much Tylenol I could give her and having to wait until I could give her another dose even though she was already in pain again. I even remember when Lily was really tiny and before I was introduced to the oils I went to the store following the dr. to pick up some medicine only to be told that most of the infant medicine had been pulled off the shelves. That was not a good day. And it is really scary to think you give your little baby something that has been pulled of the shelf? Today has been a lot different. Right now I am typing this as Lily takes a nap in her crib. When we got home she was already feeling a little warm so I rubbed a tiny bit of peppermint oil on her feet and the back of her neck and some lavender oil on her thigh where she received her shot to help with the stiffness and help her relax. When Lily wakes up I won't have to wait a certain amount of time until I can put some more oil on her. If she is warm I will just rub on some more peppermint because you can't overdose on these oils like you can with medications. Now as a mom which would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment